Saturday, June 16, 2018

Throw Me to Jesus, Daddy


Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. (Psalm 36:5 NIV)

In South Carolina, we’ve enjoyed several pool days. My four-year old grandson has gained new confidence compared to last summer. Wearing floaties and kicking, he feels more freedom and doesn’t stay as close to his Mom as last year. He’s become more adventurous and even asked his Daddy to throw him up in the air.

“Put your arms up and reach the clouds,” his Daddy said.
Howling with laughter, he complied. Splash!

Ready for another turn, he said, “This time, Daddy, throw me up to Jesus.”

My heart skipped a beat.
Throw me to Jesus.
I do every day, sweet boy. I pray for you every day.


But, how do we throw others to Jesus?

In the Old testament book of Deuteronomy, (Deuteronomy 6:6-9) the Israelites were commanded to tell their children about God every moment: when they rose, sat, walked, lie down, and got up. They “threw” faith by their example.

Each morning, I start my day with coffee and Jesus. I "throw" myself into His Word and ponder my reading for the day. What does He want me to know? 

I “throw” my prayers for people with terminal illnesses, major decisions, and the heartbreaking situation of a friend. As 1 Peter 5:7 and Psalm 55:11 encourage us, I cast-throw- my personal decisions and seek direction. Like my grandson, thrown into the air and safely caught by his father, I throw cares and concerns, to my Heavenly Father, knowing each one is caught, and safely held. 

I throw Him my praise and my gratitude. (Psalm 150:6)

My husband was a proficient angler. I'd often watch him cast his line out at different distances. We have different distances in relationships-our family, friends, neighbors, and a casual encounter with a store clerk. We throw our words, behavior, and attitudes to others, as reflections of the light of the world. (John 8:12) As I throw and cast His light to those around me, I hope they find safety and know true Light.

My grandson laughed hilariously and wanted more. I delight in my relationship with my Heavenly Father and I desire more, too.

What about you? What speaks to you today about throwing-casting-sharing-praying?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

   This blog has moved to  www.marilynnutter.com.  See you there!